ABOVE: Advertisement for Al Huppel’s Automotive Service in the newspaper special Central Florida Exposition section included in the Sunday Sentinel and Reporter Star 18 February 1934. Al’s business specializes in everything electrical and was located at 427-433 West Central Blvd. in Orlando.
The Sunday Sentinel and Reporter Star newspaper on 18 February 1934 includes a special section on the upcoming Central Florida Exposition.
Included in the special section are articles and advertisements (like one for Al Huppel’s Automotive) and schedules of events including a Spelling Bee.
A photograph and an article about the placement of a bronze plaque at the dedication of the new exposition building contains the names of the individuals involved in the planning of the Exposition and the construction of the new exposition building.
The inscription on the plaque is as follows:
Central Florida Exposition
Col. Robert M. Shearer, President
John F. Schumann, Vice-President
James L. Giles, Treasurer
Crawford T. Bickford, Sec’y – Manager
Thomas P. Hanna, Assistant Manager
Benjamin A. Carpenter
T. Claude Hawthorne
Harry P. Leu
L. Otis Mote
Hon. S. Jefferson Sligh
Thomas L. Starling
Oliver P. Swope
Richard T. Tucker
Hon. Samuel Y. Way
Howard M. Reynolds, Architect
The caption under the photo of the bronze plaque reads:
The beautiful bronze tablet pictured above will be unveiled at ceremonies dedicating the new exposition building on the opening day of the Central Florida Exposition Tuesday. The Orange County Pioneer Society, Dr. J. J. Tigert, Dr. Hamilton Holt, Nathan Mayo and other prominent people will participate in the exercises.