OrganizationsSkip to the content

Orlando General Hospital

Founded in 1941 as Orlando Osteopathic Hospital, Orlando General Hospital was once a 15-bed facility that was a large converted house located at 603 Hillcrest Street.   Click here to see an image of this house circa 1940.


Photograph by W French

 

The Lake Underhill Road facility opened on October 1, 1961 with 50 beds.


Photograph by Tim Orwick. Orwick.com

 

The unfinished parking lot and drive way indicate that these photos were taken circa October 1, 1961.


Photograph by Tim Orwick. Orwick.com

In 1990, Orlando General Hospital was acquired by Adventist Health System and is now Florida Hospital East Orlando, which currently has 265 beds.

View as PDF  here.

Back to top
TAGS: , , ,
ATTACHMENTS

Orlando General Hospital Guild

Members of the Orlando General Hospital Guild   busy  making costumes and decorations to be used at the Benefit Ball, November 11....

There are currently no audio related to this memory.
There are currently no video related to this memory.
There are currently no links related to this memory.
Osteopathic Hospital
No description has been added yet

Leave a Comment