Please join us for Charlotte J. Chambers as we discuss her memories and thoughts. She is currently 79 + 1 years of age, and was one of the first to play full contact professional football for the Tigers and is known as the “Grid Iron Granny #5.” She also personally seen Franklin Delano Roosevelt during WWII right here in Orlando as a child.
This interview includes discussions regarding the following topics:
- Orlando Starz
- Jones High School
- Kentucky Trail, now known as Orange Blossom Trail.
- Church Life
- Public Schools & Education
- Pre-Lotto Years
- Youth of Today
- Silver Springs
- Lily-White Organization
- Day Work with Mother
- Helped Develop the “Sunshine Gangs Sports Ministry.”
- WWII Efforts and Rationing
- Griffin Park and the first housing project for blacks in Central Florida.
- Civil Rights
Words of Wisdom::
“Make your mark the best you saw fit.”