Lester W. Geisler is best known as the architect of the Hialeah Park Race Track’s grandstand and clubhouse facilities in the 1930s. The Geislers moved to central Florida in 1942, living on a family farm on Boggy Creek Road. Lester maintained his involvement in the construction industry as a technical consultant for the local Regency Industrial Park as well as working on smaller projects such as Fashion Flair, a hair solon in the Kissimmee area. Mrs. Mildred Lang Geisler was an accomplished musician and a member of the American Guild of Organists.
This interview was conducted by Frank Manuel in the Geisler home on October 14, 1975 for the Friends of the Orlando Public Library’s Oral History Committee. We are grateful for the Orange County Regional History Center‘s making this recording available for Orlando Memory.
Interview with Lester Geisler Part 1 (31:03)
Interview with Lester Geisler Part 2 (31:19)
Listen to interviews with more Orlando pioneers.
Interview with Lester Geisler Part 2