Created: | Author: Jane Tracy | Location: College Park, Orlando, Florida | Name of Place: Edgewater High School | Memory Date Established: June 27, 2012
ABOVE: Palm Terrace Beauty Salon corner of Princeton Street and Edgewater Drive in College Park, 1950s. Bertha Huth opened the salon in May 1952 and sold it in September 1960.
CJ and Sandy walked to Edgewater High School together in the 1950s when Sandy lived on Elizabeth Street. Albert’s Drugs was the after school hangout which was not far from Palm Terrace Beauty Salon, Sandy’s mom’s shop, on Edgewater Drive. The Bell Twins, Katherine Beasley, Sandy Huth, and other EHS classmates would stop by the salon after school for a visit and a soda at Albert’s.
Country Club Beauty Salon in College Park was located next to Edgewater High School just down the road from the Huth family home. Bertha (Bert) Huth penned the name and opened the salon in July 1958. It was sold in December 1971.
More happy days and happy times at Edgewater High School are remembered in an oral history interview with Edgewater High School graduates class of 1958 at Dubsdread Country Club on June 27, 2012.
ABOVE: Mrs. Bertha (Bert) Huth, seated, with her son, Stan Huth, and daughter, Sandy Huth Adermann, Mother’s Day weekend, 2008.