Above: Herndon Branch in the Colonial Promenade Shopping Centre on West Colonial with “opening soon” banner in atrium.
The staff at the Herndon Branch has been serving the community since November 1998 at the location at 4324 East Colonial Drive. The branch bears the name Herndon due to the Orlando Executive Airport, which for many years was named Herndon Airport in honor of Albert B. Herndon, a long time city engineer who moved to Orlando in 1914.
ABOVE: Herndon Branch Library grand open celebration flyer.
The Herndon branch actually opened to the public in late November, but the Grand Opening celebration was December 3, 1998.
Library Director Dorothy Field cuts the ribbon to officially open the Herndon Branch on December 3, 1998.
Above: Crowds waiting outside on the opening day of Herndon Branch Library.
Below: Herndon Library Branch Staff memory album page for OCLS Staff Day 2006.
ABOVE: Photos of all the staff members at the Herndon Branch Library in 2006.
The Herndon Library celebrated their 10th Birthday in 2008, with games, demonstrations, face painting and CAKE!
Above: Herndon Branch Library 10th Birthday Celebration flyer and cake!
The Herndon Branch closed in 2020.
SEARCH OrlandoMemory.info with the term “Herndon Branch” for more photos and memories.