ABOVE: Father Dick Bowman blesses the children at the altar of Saint Michael’s Episcopal Church in College Park circa 1989.
Reverend Richard Bowman became the fourth rector of St. Michael’s Church in February 1987.
St. Michael’s Church services started in Duckworth’s Garage on Edgewater Drive in College Park in September 1948.
The first service in the new church at 2499 N. Westmoreland Drive was conducted by Father Quigley in August 1958.
Church member Lucy Bower recalls the church history and the early days of teaching the children their Bible stories.