“Orlando – The Charm of the South” appears to be a promotional brochure created to encourage real estate purchase and home building in Orlando for permanent and winter residents.
It includes a map of the county and city published by the South Florida Sentinel which ceased publication in 1916. The publication includes lists of organizations, hotels, recreational areas, government agencies, churches (with locations, pastors and service times), lodges, clubs, city buildings, societies and a number of advertisers.
Mentioned include: N. P. Yowell, State Bank of Orlando, Louis C. Massey, T. Picton Warlow, Walter A. Smith. S. Waters Howe, Southern Fertilizer Company, Missouri Life Insurance Company, C. S. McEwen, W. S. Branch Book and Music Store,, Elk’s club, Ladies’ Rosalind society, Rollins College, Orlando Water and Light Company, Dickson & Ives, E. G. Duckworth, Howard’s Photographic Studio, The Orange County Citizen, South Florida Sentinel, H. Carl Dann Real Estate Company, N. J. Merck Rexall Druggist, Ives & Smith, Concord Park, Hon. J. M. Cheney, Gore Brothers Contractors in Cement, Dann’s Transfer Line, T. H. Evans Jeweler.
Photos include: Orange Avenue business section, Lucerne Boulevard, Lake Eola north, Lake Lucerne south, Lake Highland Pumping Station, Elk’s Club, Orlando Public School Building, Orange Grove, Churches, Field of Snap Beans, Lake Dot, Concord Park, Scene on Orange Avenue, Automobile Parade, Lake Lucerne north, San Juan Hotel, Rosalind Club, Around Lake Lucerne, The South Florida Sentinel building, Baseball Game at the Driving Park, Lake Dot, Lake Concord.Back to top