OrganizationsSkip to the content

Annual Reports – From Albertson Public Library to OCLS – 1923 to 1967

Above: Cover of the 1960-1961 Annual Report with an actual library card attached.

Annual Reports

The annual reports for the Albertson Public Library run the gamut from simple small reports produced in the 1930s during the financial crisis, to more elaborate reports like those produced in 1927, 1928, 1952, 1961, 1964, and 1966.

The 1961-1964 report entitled “Blueprint for Growth,” was published after the demolition of the Albertson Library and the groundbreaking for the new library on October 19, 1964. It marked the end of an era and the beginning of a new adventure for the people of Orange County.

In May 1965, the Orlando City Council approved the library board’s request to change the library’s name from Albertson to the Orlando Public Library. This is reflected on annual reports beginning with 1964-1965 report.

The contributions by Captain Albertson were not forgotten, however. The City Council, in 1965, also authorized designating the library’s Genealogy collection as the “Albertson Memorial Genealogy Collection.” Today, Captain Albertson’s contributions are still remembered in the beautiful Albertson Room at the downtown Orlando Public Library named in his honor. Some of the books from his original collection are on display in his memory.

Perusing all the annual reports presents an excellent overview of the life of the library from 1923 to 1967.  Reviewing the annual report summary which lists the types of information contained in each report, is also helpful.

The Albertson Public Library

1923 – In the beginning!

An informational booklet, perhaps created for the Albertson Library’s grand opening on November 8th, presents a good starting point to mark the progress of Orlando’s public library through the years.

It begins poetically: “Seldom does an opportunity come to any city to open to the public an extensive, fully grown library provided with an intelligent selection of books for both reference and reading, and with proper material equipment to make the books easily accessible. Today Orlando enjoys this privilege through the generous spirit of Captain Charles L. Albertson and the cooperation of Orlando’s public spirited citizens. Captain Albertson, through his love for the City Beautiful, has given his entire library, valued approximately at a hundred thousand dollars, while the city has put up a splendid structure to house it. Not only is the collection of books far above the average, but the library building is itself a monument of beauty, and stands out against the blue sky to be admired by all, and to present a welcome to the thousands of tourists–people of all ranks and conditions, young and old, who will frequent the library habitually for years to come.”

The booklet includes the name of the architect and a description of the architecture, the library board members, and staff members – all seven of them!  It introduces the reader to the Rules and Regulations, Card Catalog, Children’s Department, Reference Department, Periodicals, Newspapers and Magazines, and also has the earliest photograph of the Albertson Public Library!

Read more about the Albertson Public Library – In the beginning 

1926 Summary of the Third Annual Report ending Dec. 31, 1926

The 1926 Annual Report includes the names of the library board members, library staff members, branch libraries and stations, and hours of operation. Also included are circulation statistics 1923-1925, information on borrowers, and number of books added and withdrawn.

1927 Fourth Annual Report for the year ending Dec. 31, 1927

The 1927 Annual Report contains the same categories as found in the 1926 report plus circulation comparisons for years 1924-1927.

Report of the Librarian for 1928

The 1928 Annual Report, much more elegant than the preceding four reports, begins with an open letter to the mayor and city commissioners challenging them to fund the library to meet the needs of the community.

The report lists all 20 branches – 19 school stations plus the Booker T. Washington Branch – with a circulation of 86,691 books. This was achieved even though the 19 school stations were closed four months of the year, presenting the urgent problem of how to serve these outlying populations all year long.

The report lists the library trustees, library staff, circulation by branches, and statistics on the collection, and borrowers. It also includes an overview of the Young People’s Department, Extension Division, Reference Department, Catalog Department, and Binding Department. It describes special programs like the tourist movie hour, instructive films, and story hours for children. The detailed financial statement enumerates expenditures and receipts, including the “depositor’s fund” (a $2 deposit was required for use by winter residents).

The Financial Crisis

1929 Sixth Annual Report and the 1930 Annual Report

The Sixth Annual Report for the year 1929 is often mistaken for the 1930 Annual Report as it has 1930 on the cover! It was published in 1930, but it is the Sixth Annual Report for the year 1929. The real 1930 Annual Report is titled “About the Albertson Public Library and its Branches.”

Like other early reports, both the 1929 and 1930 reports list the board members and staff, in addition to facts and figures concerning number of borrowers, books circulated during that fiscal year and each of the preceding years including the 41 days the library was opened in 1923.

1931 Annual Report

Entries in the 1931 Annual Report reflect the financial crisis the library began experiencing in 1929. It mentions the closing of the Grand Avenue Branch on July 1st, and a budget deficit of $1,321.32 as of December 31, 1931 – about $25,000 in 2022 dollars. Unlike previous reports, it does not list board members or staff, but does list the Grand Avenue and Booker T. Washington Branches and the Stations at Apopka, Beulah, Concord, Delaney, Hillcrest, Marks, Orlo Vista, Pinecastle, Princeton, Taft, Tildenville, West Central, Windermere, and Winter Garden. The Booker T. Washington Branch is the only branch or station for which rent is paid.

The War Years

The annual reports in the 1940s show that the library and staff were active in serving the community in the midst of growing concerns about the war in Europe. The entire community came together and created the “Orlando Plan” to collect food to save the starving inhabitants of Volos, Greece. Search Orlando Memory for “World War II” and read the amazing stories of current and former residents.

1941 Annual Report

The 1941 Annual Report was created mere weeks after the United States was thrust into war with the attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. A great portion of the report is devoted to a statement of library policy adopted by the American Library Association entitled: “Libraries and the War.”

“The United States is at war. The country requires of every profession as of every citizen, the utmost intelligence, realism and devotion. Every library must organize its services and expenditures to meet the necessities of a nation at war. Each library activity must stand a triple scrutiny. Will it contribute to victory? Will it help to make a better America? Will it help to make a better world? Whatever fails to meet this test must yield to things more urgent… Officially and unofficially, every library must become a War Information Center… The urgencies of wartime will frequently require immediate information and quick decisions. The library must help to relieve the strain of war… The library must help and support post-war planning…”

The Albertson Library conducted programs and events to help in the war effort: “The Albertson Library has been designated as a War Information Center and is cooperating with all defense courses and providing material for study groups. Among such groups are those conducted by the Red Cross on First Aid, Elementary classes in Canteen Work, Home Hygiene, Care of the Sick, Nurses Aid, Motor corps and Automobile Repair. The records show that books and pamphlets on the above subjects have circulated 12,611 times during the past two months.”

1941 Annual Report Cover

1943 Annual Report

A survey conducted by the American Library Association, quoted in the 1943 Annual Report showed a widespread decrease in circulation in practically all public libraries in the country, and a trend towards books of non-fiction. This trend was also found at the Albertson Library.

“There has been a decided increase in circulation in books on history and the useful arts. In history this is due to the fact that books on the war and current history are very popular; then, among the most popular books in the useful arts we find technical books, cookbooks, and books on nutrition and health. A noticeable increase is seen in books on religion and increases are also found in sociology, foreign languages, philosophy and the fine arts.”

Even with the war, the library’s popular programs continued in 1943 with the Summer Reading Club, Saturday Story Hours, and the addition of a series of weekly radio programs presented on WLOF. The Reference Department was busy answering questions, aided by the New York Times Index which was added to the reference collection during the year.

1945 Annual Report

World War II ended for most Americans on VJ Day, August 15, 1945, although the signing of the official surrender was not until September 2, 1945, aboard the USS Missouri, in Tokyo Bay. The 1945 Annual Report reflects this: “The Army has been moving men from the Air Base – we enjoyed serving them and shall miss them.”

There were other changes at the library, as well. Librarian Clara W. Wendel left in September 1945 on a year’s leave of absence to complete her Masters Degree in Library Science and Miriam E. Bass assumed the role as acting librarian in her absence.  The building underwent a “face-lifting to improve the appearance and modernize its conveniences,” including the installation of new fluorescent lighting. Old volumes were weeded and replaced with “more appealing copies.”

Silver Anniversary

25th Anniversary of the Albertson Public Library

November 1948 marked the 25th Anniversary of the opening of the Albertson Public Library. It is unclear if a 1948 Annual Report was published, but a special Silver Anniversary booklet was created in November 1948 to mark the occasion. The booklet is divided into three sections: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow.

Yesterday – The Library in Years Past

The Silver Anniversary booklet features the history of libraries in Orlando beginning with Sorosis Club circulating library for their members, followed by a detailed history of how the Albertson Public Library came to be. Sections on library board members, library staff, financial support, the library building, services and activities through the years provide an excellent overview of the first 25 years in the life of the Albertson Public Library.

Today – The Library as it is Today

This section provides information on the circulating and reference collections — books, magazines, newspapers, pamphlets, records, films for the ceiling projector, and genealogical books from the D.A.R. There is also information on library borrowers, and services, activities and events, including book reviews by Miss Margaret Piper, film forums, book discussion groups, child study meetings, P.T.A. study groups, film programs, story hours, radio programs on WORZ, and music hours.

Tomorrow – The Library in the Years Ahead

These are the goals for the future, formulated with the Four Year Goals plan developed by the American Library Association, set forth for Orlando’s library:

  1. Better service to special groups
  2. More extensive Adult Education activities.
  3. Growth of Extension Services, including additional stations in public schools, additional branches, a Traveling Branch Library (Bookmobile), full time Librarian and a new building for the Booker T. Washington Branch.
  4. A more adequate collection of library materials — books, periodicals, films and recordings — also equipment for their use, such as projectors, a record player and a radio.
  5. Adequate number of trained librarians.
  6. Salaries that more nearly reach A.L.A. standards and a retirement plan.
  7. Solution for overcrowded condition at the main library. A small two-storied addition should be built or workrooms; and half of the present workroom equipped with stacks. A new building or a large annex containing an auditorium, meeting rooms, and space for audio-visual materials is needed.
  8. Extension of library service to the county. We should be willing and ready to co-operate in any plan for the establishment of a county or regional library.

Silver Anniversary Open House

In addition, library staff created a booklet to mark the Silver Anniversary, providing visitors with a detailed description and overview of each department, including staff.

Change is in the air

1952-1953 Annual Report To a Growing Community from its Growing Library

The facts and figures in the 1952-1953 Annual Report are displayed in a most creative fashion, beginning with the cover showing the Albertson Library perched upon a towering stack of books overlooking the city and Lake Eola.

Opening the report, the reader is greeted with a Welcome mat at the front doors of the library. It is an interesting sign of things to come that the report does not feature the Albertson Public Library name but lists all under the banner of “Orlando Public Libraries.”

The theme on the cover continues inside with sections on “Why your library grows” and “How Your Library Grows In Content and In Service.”

Some of the library activities and services mentioned are the Family Council Series, the Great Books Discussion Group, the Film Preview Series, and the Film Loan Service. In addition to books, magazines and newspapers, the library provided patrons with pamphlets, pictures, 16 mm sound film, film strips and books on microcards.

1961-1964 Three-Year Report

The 1961-1964 Three-Year Report for November 1, 1961 through October 31, 1964, is the last report for the Albertson Public Library. At the close of the year, there were three city branches: College Park, Colonialtown and Booker T. Washington, in addition to the Main Library.  County library agencies were located in Apopka, Pine Hills and Winter Garden, and mobile service was provided by the Bookmobile and Traveling Branch headquartered at the Main Library.

In the introduction, library director Clara Wendel, explained why they had not published reports the previous two years:

“These last three years have been the busiest in the Library’s history. Many of the things for which we have worked so long have been in the process of becoming realities during this time. Three years ago very few would have believed that the beginning of the 1964-1965 fiscal year would find us with a new building under construction and a program of free service to Orange County residents begun with promise of rapid expansion.”

“For much of this time the Library staff has been short-handed and over-worked. Our annual report was one thing which could be easily postponed. Consequently, this is the first such report we have issued since 1960-1961.”

The report, in addition to the normal facts and figures, includes information on Orlando’s New Library Building, Library Service for Orange County, and the Book Processing Center. It also describes the temporary quarters at 905 North Orange Avenue, and programs conducted at Sorosis House and the Salvation Army Headquarters during construction.

The Orlando Public Library and
The Orange County Library System

1964-1965 Annual Report

The 1964-1965 Annual Report was published during the construction of the new Orlando Public Library at Ten North Rosalind, with the collection and staff operating from a temporary location at 905 North Orange Avenue. It is the first report with the new name for the downtown library – the Orlando Public Library part of the Orange County Library System.

There are three sections of great importance in this report: Orlando Library Extends Free Service to Orange County, New Building Nears Completion and Library’s Name is Changed, in addition to the list and location of branches, library board members and events during the year.

The Orlando Library Extends Free Service To Orange County

Until 1964, more than half the residents of Orange County did not have free access to a public library. The cities of Orlando, Winter Park and Maitland operated libraries for their residents and the rest of the county was served by the Orange County Bookmobile. On November 2, 1964, the Orlando Public Library was opened free of charge to county residents. The College Park, Colonialtown and Booker T. Washington branches also began free service, bookmobile stations extended hours, as did the West Orange Branch in Winter Garden, the Pine Hills Branch and the North Orange Branch in Apopka. Two new county branch libraries were established: Fort Gatlin Branch and Azalea Park Branch.

The Library’s Name Is Changed

In May 1965, the City Council approved the Library Board’s recommendation that the library be changed from the Albertson Public Library to the Orlando Public Library, since most of the original books gifted by Captain Albertson in 1921 had been withdrawn in the 40 years since they were given.

The Building Nears Completion

In January 1965, the furniture and equipment layouts were approved. At the end of the fiscal year the new main library building at Ten North Rosalind was expected to be substantially completed by late March 1966. The report includes highlights of the interior elements and companies working on the new library.

1965-1966 Annual Report

The New Orlando Public Library

The new Orlando Public Library was dedicated on Sunday, August 7, 1966, and is featured on the cover of the 1965-1966 Annual Report. During the first month nearly 700 people took tours of the building conducted by the Friends of the Library and, because of the brutalist architecture, became a local landmark and attracted national attention.

Several major improvements are noted in the report including the creation of the Business, Science and Technology, Fine Arts (including Audio-Visual), and Local History and Genealogy departments in adult services, and the Young Adult Department for junior high students.  New services were also added. Framed art reproductions were available for check out, and patrons could listen to recordings, radio broadcasts or audio tapes at a listening station paid for by the Friends of the Library. A microfilm reader-printer and two coin operated copy machines were also added.

Improvements at the Branches

Improvements in the Library’s city and county branch service were made during the first part of the fiscal year. The North Orange Branch opened in larger quarters, a site for the future Washington Shores Branch was designated, and the College Park Branch moved to a larger location in the Edgewater Shopping Center.

Financial Crisis Revisited

In July 1966, an error in the computation of the Orange County library tax was discovered that would have resulted in a budget shortfall of over $44,000 dollars for the year and for years to come. The library immediately curt its budget for new books and it was agreed that branch service would have to be curtailed due to lack of funds. The Colonialtown Branch and the Traveling Branch were closed and hours were cut at the five county libraries, but were restored at the beginning of the new fiscal year. Late in the year, the City of Winter Garden purchased two lots as a site for the West Orange Branch.

Events of Note

Library staff were asked by the A.L.A. to participate in the selection of its lists of Notable Books for 1965-1968, the Orlando Library was selected to host several meetings for the Florida State Library, 100 students from FSU Library School visited the library and Processing Center, and the Auditorium and Conference Room were popular meeting places for local groups and organizations. The Friends of the Library sponsored a variety of events during the year, including the “Discussion ’66” series on WFTV.

1966-1967 Annual Report
The Library in Action in the Action Center of Florida

A number of exciting events are reported in the 1966-1967 Annual Report.  A five year plan for capital improvements in the city library system was approved, including the construction of a branch in Washington Shores, acquisition of sites for College Park and Colonial branches, and acquisition of land adjoining the Main Library for an addition to that building by 1970-1971 fiscal year.

Branches on the Move and Extended Hours

Hours were extended at branches and in the Children’s Department at Main. Planning was begun for the West  Orange Branch in Winter Garden, and operating hours were extended at existing branches and stations. The Azalea Park Branch moved to a new location in the Azalea Park Shopping Center and the Washington Shores Station moved into an addition to the Episcopal Church of St. John the Baptist.

Gifts Received

Friends of the Library purchased microfilmed back issues of the Orlando Sentinel, the Bessie Ziegler Foundation Fund donated $1000 to purchase books for the Fort Gatlin Branch, and Louise Killen Memorial Fund was established to purchase books on good government. Eight local members of the NYSE and the Central Florida Stock and Bond Club donated funds for the purchase of financial materials for the Business, Science and Technology Department, with additional gifts by Sorosis and the West Orange Friends of the Library. The Orange County Historical Commission deposited a collection of early photographs of Orlando and Orange County in the Local History and Genealogy Department.

Programs and Events

In addition to established programs, the annual report mentions a weekly Noon Recorded Concert at Main and programs on antiques, art, the war in Vietnam, investments, jazz, lasers, UFO’s and more. The Jewish Community Council displayed ceremonial objects from the national Jewish Museum, followed by artifacts from the British Museum, an exhibit of paintings from the National Air Force Collection, and more. Attendance at public programs was 8,700, at meetings 2,600, and 4,700 people attended guided tours.

Golden Anniversary

The Orlando Public Library 1923-1973
Marking Fifty Years of Library Service

November 1973 marked the 50th Anniversary of the opening of the Albertson Public Library in Orlando. The booklet for the golden anniversary describes the Albertson Library building in great detail from the elegance of the Greek Doric columns topped with carving of draped Grecian figures to the glass floors designed to let the light penetrate from one floor to another, but also created “shocking” situations when static electricity sparked the woolen-clothed patrons in cool winters.

Items of Interest

The golden anniversary booklet provides interesting information about the library through the years, broken into ten sections: Early History, Governing the Library, Money Matters, The Main Thing is the Service, Outreach Programs, Branching Out, The New Building, About the Friends, Circulation Growth, Looking Ahead.

Diamond Anniversary

The Orlando Public Library 1923-1998
Celebrating 75 years of Service

The Orange County Library System celebrated its Diamond Jubilee – 75th Anniversary in November 1998. The booklet continues the history from the 50th anniversary with facts and figures and more, including color photographs of directors Glenn F. Miller and Dorothy Field. Abbreviated branch histories are also included.

More to see!

Peruse images and additional annual reports under Documents below and view a summary of information contained in each.

For a month by month overview of the Albertson Public Library and the Booker T. Washington Branch from 1923-1931, peruse the Monthly reports.

Also, read more about the Albertson Public Library – In the beginning 

Back to top
TAGS: , , , , , ,
ATTACHMENTS

1923 Booklet

An undated booklet appearing to be from 1923, presents a good starting point to mark the progress of the Albertson Public Library...

1923 Albertson Public Library

Photograph in booklet believed to have been created for the opening of the library on November 8, 1923.

1926 Annual Report

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.

1927 Annual Report Cover

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.

1928 Annual Report Cover

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.

1929 Annual Report Cover

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.

1929 Annual Report - Branches

Circulation numbers for the Main library, Booker T. Washington Branch and the school stations for 1929.

1930 Annual Report Cover

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.

1931 Annual Report Cover

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.

1931 Annual Report

Reflects the financial crisis in 1931, mentions closing of the Grand Avenue Branch on July 1 and shows a deficit as of...

1933 Annual Report Cover

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.

1934 Annual Report Cover

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.

1935 Annual Report Cover

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.

1937 Annual Report Cover

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.

1939 Annual Report Cover

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.

1941 Annual Report Cover

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.

1943 Annual Report Cover

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.

1944 Annual Report Cover

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library glued into Friends of the Library scrapbook. Back cover is not available.

1945 Annual Report Cover

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.

1946 Annual Report Cover

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library glued into Friends of the Library scrapbook.

1947 Annual Report Cover

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library glued into Friends of the Library scrapbook.

1948 Annual Report Cover

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.

1952-1953 Annual Report Cover

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.

1952-1953 Annual Report inside

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed. Opening...

1960-1961 Annual Report Cover

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.

1961-1964 Three Year Report Cover

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.

1964-1965 Annual Report Cover

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in May 1965 when the Orlando City Council agreed...

1965-1966 Annual Report Cover

Annual report of the Orlando Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.

Dedication of the Orlando Public Library 1966

Dedication brochure 1966

Orlando's Library Opens

Orlando Evening Star, August 8, 1966, page 8A.

Your New Library -- Be proud of it!

Orlando Sentinel, Friday or Saturday, August 5th or 6th. No page number on microfilm; precedes the front page of the August 6th...

1966-1967 Annual Report Cover

Annual report of the Orange County Library System.

50th Anniversary Booklet - 1973

Booklet for the Gold 50th Anniversary in 1973.

75th Anniversary Booklet - 1978

Booklet celebrating the library's Diamond 75th Anniversary Booklet - 1978

There are currently no video related to this memory.
There are currently no audio related to this memory.
There are currently no links related to this memory.
Highlights from the annual reports attached below.

Highlights from the annual reports below to aid in finding special information.


1923 booklet

1923 Booklet listing the names of the architect, board of directors, librarian and staff. In addition, it contains the rules, use of the card catalog, newspaper and periodicals, and other helpful information.


1926 Annual Report

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.


1927 Annual Report

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.


1928 Annual Report

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.


1929 Annual Report

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.


1930 Annual Report

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.


1931 Annual Report

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.


1933 Annual Report

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.


1934 Annual Report

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.


1935 Annual Report

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.


1936 Annual Report

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.


1937 Annual Report

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.


1939 Annual Report

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.


1941 Annual Report

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.


1943 Annual Report

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.


1944 Annual Report

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed. This was glued in a Friends of the Library Scrapbook.


1945 Annual Report

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.


1946 Annual Report

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed. This was glued in a Friends of the Library Scrapbook.


1947 Annual Report

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed. This was glued in a Friends of the Library Scrapbook.


1948 Annual Report

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.


1948 - 25th Anniversary Celebration Booklet

25th Anniversary Celebration Booklet


1952-1953 Annual Report

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.


1960-1961 Annual Report

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.


1961-1964 Three Year Report

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.


1964-1965 Annual Report

Annual report of the Albertson Public Library which became the Orlando Public Library in 1966 when the new building was constructed.


1965-1966 Annual Report

Annual report of the new Orlando Public Library that opened in 1966 and the Orange County Library System.


1966-1967 Annual Report

Annual report of Orange County Library System.


1966 Dedication of the Orlando Public Library

Dedication brochure 1966 Orlando Public Library.


75th Diamond Anniversary in 1998

Booklet for the 75th Diamond Anniversary from 1998.


Leave a Comment